Friday, February 7, 2014

5 for Friday

I'm linking up with 5 for Friday tonight. 

And here are my 5:

ONE
Here are some things I am Loving with a capital L! Some I own and others I want to own.  
Necklace and Earrings: Kendra Scott, Watch: Michael Kors, Leopard Print Bracelet: t & j Designs,
Leopard Print iPhone Cover: J Crew (no longer available), Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush,   Mac Lipstick (Candy Yum-Yum), Boots: Hunter

TWO
I'm so excited! Who would have thought 10 years ago that I would be giddy over a refrigerator, but I am. We got a new fridge and I'm in Love! It's ginormous!!! Draw after drawer, three drawers in the freezer, spaces for kiddos to get their stuff easily.  I seriously open it and smile.  I know, it's weird, but I'm happy.  
THREE
This week we've been learning all about economics. We started with Producers and Consumers. Then we talked about Goods and Services and what careers provide goods and which provide services.  We also learned all about scarcity. Yes, in first grade, we learned about scarcity.  Then today students were given 12 dollars in Cupid Cash so they could purchase items to decorate their Valentine bags.  I give them 12 because in first grade our magic number is 10, so they can spend their first 2 dollars and then slowly subtract from the remaining 10.  
Here is our store:
 Here are my little people shopping to decorate their bags. The fancy stuff was expensive and there were fewer of those items. This is how we learned about scarcity in real life. 

You can grab this unit here:

FOUR
Tonight I put together Landon's Valentines.  He's so excited to give his friends his bubbles.
The Valentine printable is from U Create Crafts. 

FIVE
So if you don't already know my friend Rachelle from What the Teacher Wants, then go check her out. I'm so proud of how much weight she's lost and she's inspired a bunch of us to get healthier. My new favorite is TRX! Have y'all done this? It's so hard, but dang is it a great strength workout.  



12 comments:

Amna said...

I love the comment about the fridge. I was just telling my husband yesterday that when I was younger and they gave away kitchen, bedroom, dining, etc. sets on Price of Right, I felt bad for those contestants...like who would want that! And now...that kind of stuff would probably be my favorite things to get. A new mattress? Yes please! Your fridge is awesome. :)

School en casa said...

Your Valentine's economics activity is great...and those valentines are adorable!

Miss Muir said...

We also just finished up our economics unit, so I'm going to use your Cupid Cash unit to decorate our Valentine's bags - thanks! Your new fridge looks awesome!

Mallory
Sprinkles for the Teacher

Angie Monahan said...

I am LOVING those Blown Away by You cards and bubbles!!! Just might have to do that too! It's too precious!!
Monahan Monkey Madness

Jen Cullen//Sparkling in Second said...

I made the Blown Away valentines too & posted them on my Five for Friday :) Great minds think alike ;)
I love your fridge!! We got one not too long ago and I am in love (who would have thought a fridge would bring so much happiness). Loved learning about you and your style is adorable, I'll take all those "love it items" ;)

Carol Davis said...

You had me at "New Fridge"! I mean that is seriously the best one ever. But for me to own it I would actually have to start keeping food in the house and that means cooking. Which I don't do.

Those little kids shopping are precious. The serious looks on their faces as they are making choices is so cute! What a great study!

Carol
Teachers Are Terrific!

The Colorful Apple said...

Having the students shop for their supplies is an awesome idea! It makes them really think about what they are using. We have almost the same fridge that you bought and we love it!

Sara :)
The Colorful Apple

Jodi said...

I haven't tried TRX yet, but they offer it in the gym where I take classes. I keep wanting to try it out :)
❀Jodi
Fun In First

Busy Mama and Her Boys said...

The Valentines economics activity looks great!

KeepCalmAnd LoveFirstGrade said...

You have great taste in accessories. I own 3 of those things already- and that watch!!! STOP: pink and Michael Kors, say no more. I've been lusting over some Kendra Scott earring for a while now...
Melissa
Keep Calm and Love First Grade

Miss DeCarbo said...

Love your new fridge!! :)

Miss DeCarbo at Sugar and Spice

Rachelle Smith said...

I love you, Michelle!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment