Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday Smorgasbord

This post is going to be random as always, but it also won't be all that teaching related.  I just got back from a weekend at the lake with some of the most fun girls I know.  I just happen to work with them, so I am very lucky.  My brain is very relaxed from laying on a raft for two days in the sun. And it is SOOOO NOT thinking about school.  I know I need to get my act together and get back to school mode, but I'm giving myself until Monday.  So instead I'll just share some fun finds!

I found this cute back to school post.  It has some fun little ideas. I might do the water bottles from Bloom Design Online for my kiddos open house night.

I also wanted to share my favorite two blogs that aren't teaching related. I am really trying hard to make my house look like theirs.

Some of my favorite apps I've been using are:
This is a wonderful photo editing app! I love it!!! SO MUCH
My friend just told me about this one. It's a really cool journaling app. Just snap a picture and add text. It's such an easy way to keep up with daily events.
Is a personal assistant app. I need one that cleans my house as well.
Have y'all played Ellen's app? How fun!! We pulled this one out at the lake. 
This is a fun Walkie-Talkie app. You can talk instead of texting and hear your sweet friends voices. 
I think my blogging besties and I all need to download this one.  

Next, I thought I'd share a few posts I found with ideas I love:

We've been doing lots of water balloons lately and I thought this was a genius idea from Find it, Make it, Love it. It's also a way mommy wouldn't get soaked:

I also absolutely love Katie's blog and she's a girl after my own heart with her organization.

Hope y'all have a great Sunday and link up below! 

9 comments:

  1. I love Ellen's Head's Up game. I play the old fashioned version in class (called Headbands) and the kids never get tired of it. I do mean NEVER! The game comes with cards, but we add our own theme-related vocabulary cards. Fantastic learning for the guessers and the one's giving clues. It also works well to put a number from 1-100 up and have the kids give clues for that!
    :-)
    Thanks for hosting this linky!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, as always for hosting. I am WITH you not wanting to think school! I do love those water bottles, though. Really cute!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how amazing is the idea of the transparent scrapbook paper!!! I'm loving the water balloon idea, too!!! I think I will have to store that one in my brain until next year when B is big enough!! :) Thanks for such a great linky, Michelle!

    Kelli
    Surviving the Little People

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the apps you featured... I had some of them but the ones I didn't I just downloaded :) and I am in love with the house of smith... I follow her on IG too and just love her!!! what a super cute linky I am going to go look around at all your links

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to check out the Head's Up app. I too like the Day One app. I was thinking about using it with kids as a way of doing weekly journaling this year. Great suggestions and thanks for the link up. This was a lot of fun

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the clear scrapbook paper. Where can one find such stuff? I need, I need! Thanks for hosting this linky!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love that water balloon idea! It's always so difficult to fill up those SMALL balloons! What a great tip. Thanks for hosting this link!

    Sister Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just the cutest ever!!!! Thank you for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Day One app! I used to be a journal freak. I have a box of all my old journals. Now I use Day One and it's fun to look from year to year what happened on a certain day.

    Mrs. Jones Teaches :o)

    ReplyDelete