Friday, June 1, 2012

Summertime!

     I can't believe it's over. My school year has come to an end. I had such mixed emotions yesterday.  I'm very excited to get to spend the summer with my boys, sleep in past 4:45 am and hang out at the pool. On the other hand I had to say goodbye to some of the sweetest kiddos I've ever taught.  If only I could loop with this crew. 
     I promise now that things are settling down, I'll try to blog more, post ideas and share all of the work I'll be doing this summer.  I don't have much right now, as most of this week consisted of cleaning.  We did do my sweet friend Cara's End of the year memory book. I'm also working on an end of the year activity for those of you not out yet. Tell me to FOCUS!!
     Now hold on tight because the rest of this post will be simply Random with a capital R. But when your posts are few and far between this happens. 
     
1. Giveaways!
My friends Katie and Cara are both having amazing giveaways.  Check them out because they both include lots of fabulous units.  

2. Awesome App! 
A very kind follower saw my classroom library and suggested that I check out this awesome app. You can scan your books barcodes and tell the app which bucket the book is in. It compiles a list of your books and their locations.  I can't wait to try it out. It's called Classroom Organizer.  

3. Online store love! 
My friend Deedee and her husband are genius! They created a wonderful online store called The Clever School Teacher.  It's so smart and teacher friendly.  If you teach Reader's or Writer's Workshop, you absolutely must check it out! They have books sorted by the comprehension strategies, units of study for writing and books specifically chosen for word study.  They also have a whole section of Common Core unit books.  No more searching for books to use with teaching visualization or inferring.  They've done all the work.  I just ordered a bunch of books. The site was easy to use and I received my books in a matter of a few days.  You can click below to take a look.  
4. I have some amazing summer plans. I'm pretty excited. My little brother is marrying an adorable teacher name Jaclyn in June.  So off to Chicago I go. 
Then in July I get to meet some of my blogging besties in Vegas!!! 
I love these girls. So I'm beyond excited.  
And then just weeks after that, I go to DC with my sweet hubby. 
In between, we'll be racing around to amusement parks, the zoo, our aquarium and hanging out at the pool. 
I'm pumped for this summer.  
Have an excellent and safe vacation friends


15 comments:

Jen said...

Love your blog! I'm your newest follower!
~Jen
Jen's Kinder Kids
Please come & visit!

Mrs. Scoma said...

That app sounds wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!

~Laura
www.firstgradeFUNdamentals.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Yay for Chicago! Have so much fun at the wedding. :)

Marvelous Multiagers!

Veronica said...

Thanks for sharing that app! I have already logged on and put the first book into my library. :) I'm excited to use this.

Natalie said...

Happy summer!!!

Natalie
TeacheryTidbits

Brenda said...

OMG! Thanks for sharing the app & clever school teacher! Genius! Love it!

Kathleen said...

We're going to have a wild and crazy good time!!!
Kathleen
Growing Kinders

S. Simpson said...

Congratulations on finishing up your year. I'm heading over to check out the Clever School Teacher site...thanks for sharing.
Stacy

simpsonsuperstars

Michelle said...

Have I said enough...How excited I am!! YAHOO!!! Vegas watch out! Crazy teachers are coming to town.

Rachelle said...

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot even wait!!!!!

Mrs. Hodson said...

Thanks for sharing the app! I'm all signed up :) Have fun in Vegas!

Melissa

todayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

travelingteacher said...

Sounds like a great summer! Lots of traveling-love it!!

I have a big freebie at my blog for K-1 Math Journals (until Wed)...please come by and check it out!

Kelli
Tales From a Traveling Teacher

Debi said...

Thanks for the app recommendations! I looked at Clever School Teacher and I love it, I have quite a few books already, but will definitely get mure! I downloaded the book scan app on my phone, but then I can't log in?

CraftProjectIdeas.com said...

Have a great summer, Michelle. Make sure you check your email as we sent you one last week :)

Michelle said...

I didn't receive an email. Sorry

Post a Comment